What is Epic EHR?
Features, Tools, and Integrations
Epic offers most of the core features included in any great EHR software system, with additional focus on telehealth tools and functionality. The EHR software also includes customizable templates, so that any medical specialty can customize their software to fit the needs of their specific practice. Also keep in mind that many of the below listed features can also be accessed remotely using a mobile device:
- Medical appointment scheduling
- Revenue cycle management (RCM)
- Clinical workflow with templates
- Insurance claims adjudication and management
- Patient history
- Billing and coding management
- Lab test integrations
- Patient info and demographics
- Reporting and AI analytics
- Voice recognition
- Patient enrollment and eligibility
- Patient portals
- Care management
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Utilization management
- Population health data
What specialties does Epic EHR accommodate?
Epic EHR is one of the most popular EHR systems because it accommodates so many different specialties and types of practices. Below is the list of specialties Epic reports to specialize in, but additional practices can likely benefit from their software solution as well:
- Behavioral and mental health
- Home Health and Hospice
- Urgent care
- And more
How does Epic EHR protect patient privacy?
Epic EHR is a HIPAA-compliant software that is focused on protecting patient privacy. Epic promises to keep patient data secure, whether a practice is using the EHR software on a mobile device, desktop computer, or web browser.
When users submit information and data to Epic’s EHR system, including mobile apps, it is encrypted and transmitted to Epic securely. This allows patients to access their health information securely and [privately using the mobile app at any time.
2. Limited Applications
- Profile picture
- Targeted healthcare providers for HealthKit or Google Fit (if connected)
- Temporary information storage while you use the application
However, with all of the above items, you can opt out or choose not to provide this information to Epic.
4. Transport layer security (TLS) and Secure Sockets Layers (SSL)
Epic EHR provides additional safeguards to protect patient data such as transport layer security (TLS) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) in addition to encryption.
Suggested Further Reading
If you are looking into a robust EHR medical software solution for your practice, we recommend also reading the following resources:
- What is EMR?
- EHR vs. EMR: 5 Key Differences
- Practice Management Software: Pros and Cons
- Best Medical Billing Software for Small Practices
- Medisoft Medical Billing Software
Did you know that you can also partner with a medical billing service for your billing needs? Billing companies often also provide you with software, which may include EHR. Start by looking into Kareo and CureMD’s medical billing services.
Looking for an affordable medical software solution for your practice? 360Connect’s free service matches you with the best medical software providers that fit your needs. Get started by filling out our zero-obligation form.