While the pandemic may have changed when people work from home, many businesses still have in-person locations and need to communicate with customers. While office desk phone usage has changed, they still serve a vital purpose for many businesses. However, which phone is right for you? What are the best office desk phones for the money?
Editor’s Note: 360Connect may have financial connections to some of these suppliers.
Are Office Desk Phones Still Necessary?
Contrary to popular belief, office desk phones still offer multiple benefits for businesses.
In the age of AI chatbots, email, and social media, some customers want to talk to a real human being. Having a robust and feature-rich office desk phone can help you provide a rewarding customer experience. Oftentimes they are better equipped with features like noise cancellation, echo reduction, and volume adjustment. These tools and others make it easier for customers to communicate with the company.
Desk phones are easy to manage, provide robust tools for transferring calls, and are always within reach for employees. Unlike using an employee’s mobile device, you aren’t competing for battery power or having them switch between apps just to talk with customers. Instead, both customers and employees have a direct line that is solely dedicated to work. Yet, that doesn’t mean you can’t use your mobile device while on the go. You can with many systems with call forwarding. With desk phones, employees can quickly connect with clients, colleagues, and stakeholders, minimizing delays and improving response times. Desk phones are also great for enterprise systems that need fast response times.
No matter the size or sector of the organization, maintaining a professional image is crucial. Office desk phones help you maintain a professional image through:
- Brand consistency across channels
- Centralized communication for your customers and employees
- A streamlined process for handling and transferring calls
7 Best Office Desk Phones
Cisco is one of the biggest brands in the world and one of the best phone makers. They offer a product that is high quality, affordable, and has VoIP capabilities. With features such as automatic gain control, dynamic noise reduction, and acoustic echo cancellation, this product is a solid option for any size company or brand. With over 40+ features, these devices pack a punch! Some of the best features include:
- Adjustable ringing and volume levels
- Call forward
- Caller ID
- Group call pickup
- Direct transfer
- Speed dial
- File authentication
- Media encryption using Secure Real-Time Transfer Protocol (SRTP) using AES-128
The Cisco IP 7841 is an easy go-to for many businesses because of its features and ease of use. These phones also support up to 4 lines. You’ll need to contact sales for firm pricing based on your needs.
Looking for a simple phone that can handle your basic needs? This can be a great option for small businesses, we’re talking 1-4 phones max. At around $35, these phones are a real bargain, and you get some pretty useful features for them. Some of the most useful features of one of the best office desk phones include:
- Caller ID/Call waiting
- Speakerphone with Volume Control
- Audio Assist feature makes voices sound louder and clearer
- English/Spanish/French Setup Menu
- 65 Name and Number Caller ID History
- Ringer and Receiver Volume Controls
This office phone is barebones and does not have the VoIP capabilities as others on this list. However, if you already have a landline connection and just need a phone for professional calls. This may be your best bet.
The Poly VVX 301/311 is a sleek and affordable office phone that offers up to 6 lines. It features a large, easy-to-read display, a built-in speakerphone, and a variety of advanced features, such as voicemail to email, call forwarding, and conference calling. The VVX 301/311 is also easy to set up and use and is an IP phone which will result in better call quality and uptime.
Some of the best features of the Poly VVX 301/311 include:
- Large, easy-to-read display
- Built-in speakerphone
- Voicemail to email
- Call forwarding
- Conference calling
The Poly VVX 301/311 is a great choice for businesses that are looking for an affordable, reliable, and easy-to-use office phone. It features a variety of advanced features that make it perfect for both small and large businesses.
Panasonic has long since been one of the premier phone makers for businesses. This phone system is no exception. Offering both corded and cordless versions in the same set, this system provides you with a ton of flexibility that you may not find in cheaper systems. For instance, this can be a great option for a mechanic shop where calls would need to be connected to a garage area. Mechanics could use the cordless option to talk to customers while looking at the car.
- It is a DECT 6.0 cordless phone with a range of up to 50 feet. This means that you can use it in any room of your home without losing the signal.
- It has a large, easy-to-read display and buttons. This makes it perfect for people with vision problems or who are not very tech-savvy.
- It has a built-in answering machine with up to 22 minutes of recording time. This is great for people who want to be able to check their messages without having to go to the phone.
- It has a call blocker feature that can help you to avoid unwanted calls. This is great for people who get a lot of spam or telemarketing calls.
- It is affordable and easy to set up. This makes it a great option for people who are looking for a basic, reliable cordless phone.
Overall, the Panasonic KX-TGF382M is one of the best office desk phones for those who are looking for a reliable, affordable, and easy-to-use cordless phone.
The VTech DS6771-3 DECT 6.0 cordless phone has two lines and an answering system, making it ideal for small enterprises. It has crystal-clear audio, a huge, easy-to-read display, and a slew of functions that help you keep organized and productive.
Here are some of the reasons why the VTech DS6771-3 DECT 6.0 is a good office business phone:
- Caller ID/call waiting—stores 50 calls
- Digital answering system
- Full-duplex handset speakerphone
- Expandable up to 5 devices
- Remote access
- Intercom between handsets
- 1,000 name and number phonebook directory
Overall, the VTech DS6771-3 DECT 6.0 is a great choice for small businesses that are looking for bigger phonebook directories and some more advanced conferencing calling features.
The Ooma DP1-T is an excellent choice for businesses because it is a feature-rich phone that is simple to use and inexpensive. It has a number of useful features for organizations, such as call forwarding, voicemail, and conference calling. The system is extremely simple to set up and use, and no extra software or hardware is required. It is also incredibly economical, making it an excellent choice for small businesses.
Here are some of the features that make the Ooma DP1-T a good choice for businesses:
- Call forwarding
- Message waiting indicator
- Wireless DECT 6.0 technology with a 150-foot range
- 32 programmable speed dials
- 2.5 mm Headset jack
- VoIP capabilities
Overall, the Ooma DP1-T is a simple solution, however, it still packs a punch.
Grandstream is no stranger to these lists as they are consistently one of the best phone brands around. The GXP2170 is of the best phones due to its features and usability. This a great phone system for those who deal with high call volume and need a vast phone directory. The GXP2170 is also a VoIP-capable phone. Some of the most helpful features for large businesses include:
- 12 lines, 6 SIP accounts, 5 soft key, and 5-way voice conferencing
- 48 on-screen digitally customizable BLF/speed-dial keys
- state-of-the-art security encryption technology (SRTP and TLS)
- 4.3 inch (480x272) color-screen LCD
- Dual Gigabit ports, integrated PoE
- Supports up to four GXP2200EXT Modules for BLF/speed-dial access to up to 160 contacts
If you need fast deployment of a phone system that can handle large amounts of calls and directories, Grandstream can be one of your best options!
Ready to Find the Right Phone for You?
Need an office desk phone that really works for you? Have special needs or needs specific features and want to choose the right provider? We can help you! 360Connect connects customers with high-quality suppliers every day! Just fill out our 1–2-minute form and we'll contact you to verify your information. From there, you can sit back and relax as up to 5 suppliers will reach out with quotes! This process is simple, easy, and free!
Get Started Now