What is Quench?
Quench elevates water on-demand by just a utility. We provide first of its kind bottleless water dispensers for healthy and environmentally conscious consumers outside the home. Whether your work needs 1 or 100 water coolers, Quench has you covered with a variety of drinking water coolers, ice machines, sparkling water dispensers, coffee brewers and a world-class customer service commitment. Quench systems are rented to customers and are purify tap water using state-of-the-art technology, eliminating the need for environmentally wasteful and expensive water delivery.
How long have you been in business, and who are your customers?
Quench has been in business for over 20 years. We have grown to become the largest independent water filtration provider in the U.S., with sales and service capability from coast to coast. Quench now serves 60,000 businesses, including almost half of the Fortune 500. We cater to businesses of all sizes. We have just as many small-to-medium-size customers as large corporation customers. The industries we serve run the gamut, from professional services companies like law firms and banks; to manufacturing and warehouse operations; to retailers (big box stores, small boutiques, chain stores); to fitness centers and spas. We’re especially good at developing custom solutions for more complicated water and ice needs, like those on sprawling university campuses, healthcare systems, and large distribution centers. The average Quench customer stays with Quench for over a decade.
How is Quench different from a bottled water delivery service?
We like to think of a Quench machine as a miniature water purification plant – it filters and sanitizes your building’s water supply right on-site, just before the water goes into your drinkware. Traditional water delivery services bottle water at a plant; sometimes it’s purified, sometimes it isn’t. It’s packaged into 5-gallon plastic jugs, shipped long distances, delivered by truck, then hauled into the office and hoisted onto a cooler stand. That’s a lot of expense, waste, and hassle!
Can you explain how a Quench machine works?
A Quench office water cooler connects directly to your building’s water supply. Using a combination of advanced filtration technologies, water filters in each Quench office water cooler provide the highest level of purification and eliminates dissolved solids and pollutants, including pesticides, nitrates, fluoride, and 99% of lead. Select filtered water units also add back essential minerals and electrolytes to revitalize taste, enhance alkalinity, and improve water quality. Quench coolers also offer the option of ultraviolet (UV) sanitization, which kills microorganisms, including cryptosporidium and giardia, and prevents the growth of biofilm. Many of our machines feature antimicrobial surface protection (to reduce bacteria growth on dispensing areas and buttons) and recessed spigots (to eliminate contamination from contact with dirty glasses or sports bottles)
How does Quench ensure the quality of its products?
To ensure the quality of our products…
- Quench tests each unit against NSF/ANSI heath standards and against rigorous electrical and safety standards.
- All new components of Quench machines go through Highly Accelerated Lifecycle Testing (HALT), which is a technique used to quickly discover possible weak links in a product.
- After a new product is released, Quench reviews customer calls daily to look for signs of quality issues. For more established products, Quench will review customer calls monthly.
Is water from a Quench machine is better than tap water?
In short, yes. Local water supplies can vary in quality, depending on where the water is sourced, what kind of treatment process is used, and the condition of the pipes and infrastructure it travels through to get to you. Even the age and material of the pipes in your building can affect the quality and taste of the water! If your tap water has ever come out smelling like rotten eggs, then you get it. When you drink from a Quench filtered water dispenser, you don’t have to worry about all those nasty impurities that affect the quality of your drinking water. Quench units runs regular tap water through multiple stages of filtration so that you’re left with nothing but pure, great-tasting water. Moreover, Quench does over 260 thousand water quality tests per year. As a result, we have one of the most comprehensive databases of water quality and can create customized filtration solutions specific to your individual zip code.
Why should a company switch from a bottled water delivery service to a Quench bottleless system?
Put simply, there are 4 primary reasons that businesses switch to Quench:
- They’ll save money: Depending on the number of employees a company has and the amount of bottled water they use each month, a typical Quench customer saves up to 80% of their previous office water cooler service costs.
- They’ll drink cleaner water: Quench’s advanced filtration and purification system provides our customers with consistently clean and great-tasting water. We leave the good stuff (like healthy, hydrating minerals) in water while removing the bad stuff (like chemicals and microbial contaminants.)
- They’ll save time and eliminate the hassles of water delivery: Switching to Quench office water coolers means no one in the office needs to manage water deliveries, figure out where to store water bottles, hoist bulky jugs (which seem to constantly be empty!), or worry about running out of water on the hottest day of the year.
- They’ll reduce their company’s environmental footprint: A Quench filtered water dispenser can prevent as many as 7,000 plastic water bottles or 150 plastic water jugs from being dumped in landfills in a single year!
Can you tell us more about the environmental impact a company can make by switching to bottleless water?
Sure – here are just a few statistics. You can also find more information about the environmental benefits of Quench bottleless water dispensers HERE:
- According to the Natural Resources Defense Fund, 90% or more of the cost of bottled water goes to things other than the water, like bottling, packaging, shipping, marketing, etc.
- Water delivery has a huge environmental impact. Each year, the production and delivery of 5-gallon water jugs:
- Consumes 140 kWh of electricity
- Burns 6 million gallons of fuel
- Adds over 70 million pounds of waste to landfills
- Wastes one gallon of water for every gallon that is bottled
- Over the course of almost 20 years, Quench customers have had the equivalent positive environmental impact of planting over 5 million trees!
Tell us about your most popular products.
Quench offers an innovative suite of high-end, bottleless water dispensers for businesses. A first of its kind to be available in North America, the line of products, dubbed the Quench Q-series, includes both touchless and traditional dispensing of premium filtered, electrolyte-enhanced water.
The innovation of Quench Q-Series brings custom hydration solutions to businesses of all sizes due to its range of water-producing capacities. The line of water dispensers includes standard- capacity machines (serves 25 daily users), high-capacity machines (serves 50 daily users), and a commercial-capacity machine called the Quench Q12 (serves 100 daily users). The Quench Q12 features a sensor-activated dispensing panel, which gives users the ability to dispense their water without directly touching a finger to their machine. Quench representatives have also dubbed the Quench Q12 “The Bottle Filler” for its industry-leading ability to fill bottles at an unprecedented speed of 2.5 times the normal rate.
The entire Quench Q-Series is equipped with Quench’s proprietary 5-filter setup and produces hot and cold varieties of mineral-infused and electrolyte-enhanced water, quenchWATER+.
What exactly is quenchWATER+ and what are its benefits?
All of Quench’s flagship Quench Q-Series machines dispense quenchWATER+ — a special branded mineral-infused and electrolyte-enhanced alkaline water. quenchWATER+ is created through a proprietary 5 filter-setup: sediment filter, pre-carbon filter, reverse osmosis membrane, mineral add-back filter, and a polishing filter. This 5 filter-setup eliminates dissolved solids and pollutants, including 99% of lead while adding essential minerals to revitalize taste, enhance alkalinity, and improve water quality. The result of the quenchWATER+ filtration is crisp, clean, revitalizing alkaline water.
What kind of touchless water coolers do you offer?
Quench has a wide selection of touchless water dispensers for you to choose from. Although studies show the risk of getting infected with COVID-19 from touching a surface is low, market trends show a demand for touchless office items. Touchless amenities are generally more compatible with new building safety standards as well. Taking customer demand and market trends into consideration, Quench released 5 touchless technologies that allow users to reduce or eliminate their handling of Quench office water coolers. Quench customers can now ask for Quench coolers with any of the following touchless dispensing capabilities:
- Position Sensitive Detector (PSD) or Sensor-Activated Dispensing: These machines are sensor activated. To dispense, simply hover a hand over the sensor panel on your machine.
- SensorSafe Dispensing: This type of technology uses infrared sensor dispensing and is available as an add-on to certain machines. Simply hover a glass, hand, or bottle in front of the infrared sensor panel to dispense water.
- Dual-Action Foot Pedal Dispensing: With dual-action foot pedals, users press down on pedals on the floor to dispense cold water, hot water, or ice.
- QR Codes and Phone App Dispensing: Touchless water dispensers with QR codes allow users to scan a QR code on the interface screen of your water machine and control the dispensing right from their smartphone.
- Paddle Dispensing: Users press the side of their drinkware to a paddle on their water machines to release a steady flow of filtered water.
Do you offer any products besides water coolers?
We do! Quench empowers you to take hydration and water on-demand to the next level. Go beyond clean, delicious water, and make it sparkle, make it flavored. You can even make it ice and coffee. All of our products feature the state-of-the-art water filtration and purification technologies that we use in our filtered water coolers. Quench has a full line of ice dispensers, with capacities from 30 pounds to almost 500 pounds, to suit small offices all the way to large catering operations. Quench also offers sparkling and flavored water dispensers for offices and the food service industry. Lastly, we offer a line of coffee brewers, coffees, and related break room supplies. We are a one-stop office beverage solution for our customers.
How does a company determine which Quench machine best fits their needs?
Our sales team (we call them “Quench Water Experts”) are well-trained to help a customer understand exactly what size machine is needed, filtration options, and which features are most important to them. Generally speaking, here are a few things that we’ll consider when recommending a Quench machine for a customer’s business:
- How big is your business?
- Do you have multiple locations?
- How many people do you have at each location?
- Are they on more than one floor?
- Do you have multiple break rooms? Lobbies? Kitchenettes?
- Do you have set break times, so that many people need to access drinking water at one time?
- What are you currently doing for drinking water?
- If you use bottled water, how much to you go through in a month?
- Do you ever run out?
- What are you currently spending on water?
- Are there special features you are interested in?
- Sparkling water or ice?
- Large dispensing areas to accommodate sport bottles?
- ADA compliant units?
- Very high-capacity water and ice?
- Are you looking for a countertop or freestanding machine?
- What are your local water conditions? (We can help customers answer this question by pulling a Water Quality report from their local water company, reported by zip code; we make this available on our website as well.)
- Do you have particularly high sediment levels, which might indicate the need for additional filtration methods?
The answers to all these questions allow us to customize a drinking water solution that’s best suited to each customer’s needs and budget.
What if a business thinks they’re too small to save money by switching to Quench?
Occasionally, we encounter a prospective customer who has an office of just a few people, or doesn’t get much traffic through the office, and therefore only goes through a couple of jugs of water each month. For smaller businesses, Quench created cost-effective and standard capacity Quench Q-Series machines called the Quench Q4 and Quench Q3. Both those machines are designed to hydrate an office of around 25 people. They fit seamlessly into fast-paced work environments and are designed to grow with your company. When your business is ready to expand, simply add more units to keep up with the demand of your workforce. Like all Quench Q-Series machine, the Quench Q3 and the Quench Q4 have built-in advanced filtration and sanitization features, such as a 5-filter setup, UV sanitization, and antimicrobial protection.
How long have you been in business, and who are your customers?
Quench is an office water cooler service with a dedicated customer team that stands behind every installation. You’ll always find a well-trained, friendly human at the other end of the phone, and all service is performed by insured, certified Quench-badged technicians. Our customer service promise includes proactive preventive maintenance, filter changes, and even 24 emergency service.
Quench’s customer service team…
- Is available to answer questions and address concerns from 8 AM to 8 PM EST, Monday – Friday.
- Will resolve most customer issues within 24 hours.
What kind of maintenance is required on Quench machines?
Maintenance requirements vary depending on the type of machine. Generally speaking, Quench will come out at least once per year to complete preventive maintenance, which includes changing filters and UV lights, and sanitizing the cooler inside and out. Ice machines may require more frequent maintenance. Again, all this work is included in a customer’s monthly fee, scheduled, and completed automatically at no additional cost to them.
What kind of training do your technicians have?
Quench technicians are all trained at our own “Quench University.” They are highly skilled in all aspects of installation, repair, and maintenance of our systems, as well as certified and insured. Quench technicians may have to undertake complicated installations, such as running water lines above 30-foot ceilings in a warehouse or drilling into a customer’s granite counter-top. We make sure they are well-qualified to accomplish these tasks efficiently and with minimal disruption to the course of business. They also receive regular re-training as we introduce new products or technology changes. We work closely with the manufacturers of our systems and components, to ensure that our technicians have the latest information and know-how.
What kind of feedback do you get from your customers?
Often, our customers wonder how they managed without a Quench system! They’re generally delighted with the taste of the water, their savings, and the space they pick up once the water jug closet is emptied. Find testimonials from customers on our website:
“If the water from our Quench machine were any better, I would think we had a natural spring in the office.”